Dear reader, know with us through our article today from Arab travelers on what is the capital of Portugal, which is among the countries of the Iberian Peninsula, and it is located in the continent of Europe specifically in the southwestern side of it, and from the south and west side bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, and from the east and north side it borders Spain.
And the number of its population exceeds ten million and a half million people, and we find that its area as a whole reaches about 92,212 square kilometers, and it follows the republican system of government, and this country has a great history, and includes a number of islands that overlook the Atlantic Ocean, including Madeira Island and Azores.
So we will talk in the following lines about the capital of Portugal, with writing a brief about it, just follow us.
What is the capital of Portugal
- The capital of Portugal is Lisbon, and it is one of the largest cities in it, with an area of about 100.05 square kilometers, and its population reaches six million, which is one of the urban places.
- The designation of this city dates back to the times of Phenecian, and the word Lucio Lisso was taken from the Romenian language, after which it was written according to the Latin language in this way Ulyssippo, meaning a citizen of Hesania.
- It is located at the mouth of the Tagus River, located between longitude 9 ° 8’21.79 to the north, and latitude 38 ° 42 ′ 49.75 to the east.
- And if we talk about its weather we will notice that it is warm in the summer, moderate in the winter, and in general its climate is subtropical medium.
- The coldest month of the year passes through Lisbon, which is January. As for the summer, it is 6 months, starting with May and ending in October.
- The average annual average temperature is 21.5 ° C during the day, and 13.5 ° C at night, while in the sea the temperature reaches 17.5 ° C.
- A wonderful city, and it has great importance due to the availability of a number of different activities including trade, finance, entertainment, media, international trade, arts, education, and tourism.
- It ranks forty as the most profitable city in the world.
- It is located in the ninth position as the most visited city by the swimmer in southern Europe, after the following cities in order, and they are Rome, Istanbul, Barcelona, Milan, Venice, Madrid, Florence, and Athens.
- It is located in the western side of the state of Portugal, which is located close to the Tiju River, and is considered the main port of the state, and we find it the commercial, political and tourist center of Portugal as a whole.
- It was the main Portuguese discovery and research center, during the 15th century, and this country was destroyed in 1755 due to a violent earthquake, but quickly it was rebuilt again, and now includes many buildings, colorful houses, in addition to the wonderful green gardens.
- This city was awarded the title of European Capital of Culture during the year 1994 AD, and many important events were organized in it, and it was able to develop and prosper thanks to cultural sites, different commercial places, and the infrastructure for transportation.
- It is an important and central focal point for trade between Africa and Asia, and that has been for a long period of time.
- It occupies the second position as the oldest city in the world after Athens, and it has a number of diverse commercial and economic activities.
Tourism in Lisbon
- It is considered one of the most beautiful and best enchanting places, it has the beauty of nature, and its streets take you through time to ancient historical eras, and it dates back to 1200 BC.
- When you enter the city, you feel art, culture, and history, and you see the enchanting nature that makes you feel relax, relax, and fascinated, and there you can see the historical villages that formed an important part of the culture inside Portugal.
- It was called the city of the seven hills, because its location was built and founded on seven sloping hills, which made it with a unique strategic position.
- It includes a number of famous historical monuments and places, and contains museums, archaeological castles, palaces, as well as beautiful and picturesque parks.
Among the most famous monuments in Lisbon are the following: –
- Sao George Castle.
- Belem Tower.
- Jeronimos Monastery.
- Commercial field.
- The Water Museum of Lisbon.