The city of Riyadh is located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and is its capital, and it is considered the largest city in it, and it is one of the largest cities in the Arab world by area And the city of Riyadh is an extension of the city of Hajar al-Yamamah; that historic city that dates back to the time of the two distant tribes (Jadis and Tasm). Riyadh is also considered one of the fastest growing cities in the world, with a population of 5.2 million or more in 2010.
The city of Riyadh is located in the heart of the Arabian Peninsula, on the sedimentary plateau, specifically on the eastern side of the Najd Plateau, and rises above the surface of the sea a distance of approximately 600 m, and Riyadh is 389 km to the west of Dammam, and away from Jizan a distance of 1245 km in the direction Northeast, and Hail at a distance of 641 km in the southeastern direction. As for Makkah, Riyadh is 880 km to the east.
The most beautiful places in Riyadh
The city of Riyadh is considered a modern and diverse city, and it is distinguished by the sands of its golden deserts and its commercial centers, in addition to its heritage and the aspects of its architecture that make it appear in its most beautiful style. And when visiting Riyadh, it is necessary to visit its historical, civilizational, recreational and cultural features. In this article we will talk about the most prominent of these places.
The most important historical places in Riyadh
In order to get to know the history of the city of Riyadh, we must visit its historical features, which are as follows:
- the National Museum: It is one of the beautiful places in the city of Riyadh, which is characterized by its beautiful interior design and its exterior courtyard, as well as its organization and presentation of the wonderful artifacts and pieces it contains. When visiting this museum, the visitor becomes aware of the history of the Arabian Peninsula and the stages of the development of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. There are eight different halls in this museum, some of which display the holdings in a visual way, and some of them displayed in an audible manner.
- Square Palace: With its Saudi elegance and art, Al-Murabba Palace is a wonderful artistic painting that abounds in the history and stages of the emergence of the Saudi Arabia Kingdom. This palace is distinguished by its combination of traditional and modern architecture at the same time. This palace was established by King Abdulaziz in an area outside the walls of the old city in Riyadh.
- Masmak Museum: This museum is considered the first start of the unification of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the hands of King Abdulaziz, may God have mercy on him, this museum (Palace of Masmak) was built during the reign of Imam Abdullah bin Faisal bin Turki in 1865 AD, and before the designer became a museum he was a repository of ammunition for two years and then became used As a prison, however, it has been converted into a heritage landmark in downtown Riyadh.
The most important recreational places in Riyadh
Entertainment places vary in the city of Riyadh, and here are some of the most prominent:
- Wadi Hanifa Park: It is one of the longest recreational open spaces for hiking in the city of Riyadh, as it is 80 km long. This park is characterized by its beautiful natural scenery with different trees, in addition to its permanent flowing water channel.
- Peace Park: The Peace Park is considered one of the modern gardens in the city of Riyadh, and it has great importance gained from its privileged location as it is located on the most important road in Riyadh, which is King Fahd Road, the origin of this park is a palm grove that has been converted into a park that includes a large lake with an area of 40 square kilometers, and there is also This park has seating areas and fountains as well as special places for children and various restaurants.
- Al Nahda Road Park: This beautiful park is located in Al Rabwah neighborhood, specifically in the middle of Al Nahda Road, which is 8 km long and 75 m wide. This park is characterized as a place intended for those who practice hiking and running, and is divided into two parts, one of which is for families.
- Zoo: This park is located in Al-Malaz, in the city of Riyadh, and contains various rare species of animals. The area of this garden is 162,000 square meters.
- King Fahd Library and Garden: This library, as well as its garden located in a shopping center in the Al-Olaya district, are 32,000 square meters, and its unique design is divided into a watercourse with beautiful fountains, in addition to the presence of games for children.
- Tahlia Street: A visitor to the city of Riyadh must visit the Tahlia Street, which is distinguished by its world-famous restaurants, in addition to the international and local shopping centers that are famous for it.
- Janadriyah Festival: A visitor to the city of Riyadh in the fall season can go to the Janadriyah Festival that takes place at that time. The festival site includes exhibition halls and a theater. This festival is considered one of the best festivals in the city of Riyadh that introduces the attendees to the heritage of Riyadh through its traditional races such as camel races, and exhibitions of heritage and crafts. In addition to the folkloric shows that this festival offers.
- Granada Center: It is the largest mall of its kind in the city of Riyadh, with an area of 460 thousand square meters. This center contains many restaurants, cafes, and various shops, and what distinguishes it from others are the sixteen gates from which the visitor enters from different places.
- Fantasy Land: A large entertainment city that includes chalets and swimming pools such as the Aquapark, in addition to games for children and dangerous games, and it has zoos, various restaurants and various markets, as well as an artificial lake.
- Golf field: One of the recreational places that can be visited in Riyadh is the Dirab Golf Center, which is considered the first of its kind in Saudi Arabia, and this center includes special facilities for tennis and horse riding, in addition to the presence of a racetrack for off-road vehicles.