Table of Contents
It is a country founded in the year 1991 AD, and located geographically in the border region of Caucasus between the continent of Asia and the continent of Europe, and its capital is the city of Tbilisi, with a land area of 69,700 km², and is divided administratively into nine regions, and two republics with autonomy, and its population according to the statistics of the year 2014 is 3.729. 500 people, the official language is Georgian, and the official currency is the Georgian lari.
Georgia Tourist Cities
It is located geographically on the southern side of the Caucasus region, and was founded in the year 479 AD, and its land area is 726 km2. Among the most famous tourist attractions in it are:
- Holy Trinity Cathedral: It is one of the most beautiful and largest churches in the Caucasus region, as it is one of the largest sacred sites for Orthodox Christians in the world, and is characterized by its delicate architectural design.
- Sioni Cathedral: It was built in the sixth century AD, and it is considered one of the most important monuments and tourist attractions in the city, and it is characterized by its construction in the Russian-Neoclassical style.
- Abanatubni Baths: It is considered one of the most famous baths in the European continent.
- National Botanical Garden: It contains many small lakes, various trees, different plants, and water springs.
The city of Batumi
Geographically located in the province of Adjara, with a land area of 64,900,000 square meters, and its most famous tourist attractions:
- Batumi Botanical Garden: It is one of the major botanical gardens in Georgia.
- Dolphinarium: It is an entertainment and educational center that offers many water shows, especially with dolphins.
- Cathedral of the Virgin Mother: It is one of the central tourist places in the city.
- Batumi Avenue: The boulevard includes a number of restaurants, cafes and shops, and it is characterized by its beauty and the possibility of enjoying and hiking in the open air.
The town of Kutaisi
It is located geographically on the banks of the Rioni River, and its land area is 82,000,000 square meters. Among the most famous tourist attractions are:
- Cathedral of Pratti: It was constructed in the late 10th century AD, and it was named after its ruler, Bagherati.
- Kutaisi State Museum: It was built in the year 1912 AD and is located on Pushkin Street, and contains more than two hundred thousand artifacts.
- Historic District: It contains Nino Street, White Bridge, Royal District, and Tsereteli Street.
- Natural Reserves: Located in the northwestern part of the city, it includes dinosaur footprints, a beautiful cave complex, stalactites and stalagmites.
It is located geographically on the eastern side of Georgia, and its land area is 16.85 km2, and its most famous tourist attractions are:
- Archaeological site of Obelisk It contains many monuments dating back to the important historical periods.
- Gori Castle: Constructed in European medieval times.
- Joseph Stalin Museum: He gives an account of the stages of the life of the most famous Soviet Union leader, Joseph Stalin.
- War Museum: He presents a history of the Second World War and the history of the Georgia and Russia wars that took place in the year 2008 AD.