The Burj Khalifa is one of the most famous modern buildings in the whole world, and it is the most important landmark of the city of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, and is located in the center of Dubai near the Dubai Mall, and is several kilometers from the shore of the Arabian Gulf.
Burj Khalifa is considered at the present time the highest skyscraper in the world, with a height of eight hundred and twenty-eight meters, i.e. two thousand seven hundred and sixteen feet and a half, and it consists of two hundred floors, of which one hundred and sixty floors are inhabited, and it is considered an important landmark, which thousands of tourists flock to They watch it, especially on New Year’s Eve every year, as fireworks are launched from it along with the dancing of the Dubai Fountain.
It is worth noting that the name of this tower was “Burj Dubai”, but Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum changed his name during the opening ceremony to become “Burj Khalifa”, in relation to Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates in his honor, and in appreciation of his continued support For the Emirate of Dubai, and all the Emirates.
The construction of the Burj Khalifa began in the month of January of the year two thousand and four, with a total construction cost of about one and a half billion US dollars, and it was opened on the fourth of January of the year two thousand and ten by the ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is One of the biggest examples of modern architecture is the manifestation of luxury, modernity, design and will, and great charm.
Information on the Burj Khalifa
- The tower was designed by architect Adrien Smith.
- It has a total area of four million square meters, including four hundred and three hotel suites.
- It includes fifty-seven elevators, and eight escalators.
- The top of the tower can be seen from a distance of ninety-five kilometers.
- It has the highest viewing balcony, and on the floor there are a hundred and twenty-four, and it is open to the public, as it houses the highest mosque, the highest swimming pool, the most expensive library, and the highest restaurant.
- It was used in building the highest and largest cranes in the world, each of which can carry approximately twenty-five tons.
- There are two thousand nine hundred and nine steps, the stairs up to the floor represent one hundred and sixty.
- The temperature drops from the bottom of the tower to its highest peak by six degrees.
- Each area of the tower contains a different perfume, so that the traveler feels a different feeling.
- The sunset can be seen twice, once from the ground floor, and once at the top of the tower.