Table of Contents
Leaning Tower website
The Tower of Pisa is located in the Province of Pisa, located in the city of Tuscany, Italy, which is located at longitude 10.40, and the latitude 43.71, and rises six meters above sea level, where this province is the fifth largest city in Tuscany, with a population of 77,007 people, it is worth noting That the Leaning Tower is considered one of the main tourist destinations that represent architecture in Italy, and it is also one of the most famous inclined buildings in the world as well, where the tilt of the tower is currently after many attempts, and restoration operations are only 3.97 degrees.
Building the leaning tower of Pisa
The construction of the Tower of Pisa (in italyn: Torre Pendente di Pisa) began in 1173 CE, using white marble, in order to be the third and final building of the cathedral complex in the city, where it was then decided to reach a height of 56 meters, until the discovery of Milan in it He prevented the completion of its construction, in addition to the impact of the war that broke out between the italyn cities, which lasted for a hundred years, and after this period, the engineer Giovanni dei Simone continued the construction process, and attempted to reduce this tendency, although the construction of the Pisa tower interrupted interruptions Multiple, but it was completed in the century Fourteenth, which includes 294 degrees, and seven bells.
Information about the Tower of Pisa
The following mentions some of the various information about the Pisa signs, which are:
- The Tower of Pisa was built to reflect the state of the rich city of Pisa, as it was a manifestation of its pride.
- The tower was initially built under the supervision of architect Bonano Pisanu.
- The construction of the tower was completed in 1370 CE, when it was then 53 meters high.
- The tower is visited annually by almost three million tourists.
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa is expected to settle for at least two hundred years.