Burj Khalifa is located in the United Arab Emirates in the Emirate of Dubai, and this building is the tallest and tallest skyscraper built by man throughout the ages, with a height of nearly eight hundred and twenty eight meters, and an area of four million square meters, and the number of floors one hundred and eighty floors, which can be moved between them using seven Fifty elevators, each with a speed of ten meters per second, and includes a hotel consisting of four hundred and three hotel suites, where Emaar Real Estate Company supervised its construction, and opened in 2010 AD, and the aim of this huge construction was to be Dubai as a destination for visitors and tourists from all over the world, In addition to desire Economic diversification anybody as long, and called (Burj Khalifa) instead of (Burj Dubai); to honor and support the efforts of the Head of State Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and in this our article we will talk about the stages of its construction, and some of the systems within it.
Stages of building the Burj Khalifa
The construction of this tower began in 2004, and continued for approximately 1.325 days until it ended in 2009, by a company called Samsung C&T Corporation, at a total cost of $ 1.5 billion, to form the highest tower in the world, through its passage in stages next:Read:Where is the Shanghai Tower located?
- Beginning the construction process in February 2004.
- Reaching the stage of building reinforcement in March 2005.
- Starting a superstructure during June 2006.
- Access to the fiftieth floor building in January 2007.
- The start of the construction of the 100th floor in March 2007 AD, and in April of the same year the completion of the construction of the 100th floor, and in May the twenty first floor was prepared, until the construction of the 140th floor was completed in September.
- The completion of the preparation of the 150th floor in the year 2008 AD.
- The preparation of the sixty-first floor, which is the most lengthy building a person has reached, in January 2009.
- The completion of the outer covering of the tower in the year 2010AD, which is the opening year.
- He made an official opening of the tower, which was attended by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and announced by the name of Burj Khalifa.
Systems inside the tower
The air conditioning system inside this tower is considered a distinct system, as air is distributed over all floors by withdrawing it from the upper floors, where it is cooler and cleaner, and the water produced by this system is used by collecting it inside a tank located in an external garden of the lower floor, and using it For irrigation of tower garden crops.Read:Information about the city of Sanaa in Dubai
This system inside the tower needs about nine hundred and forty-six liters of water per day; for internal use, two hundred and thirteen kilometers for pipes that are used in emergency situations such as fire, and four hundred and thirty kilometers for conditioning, and dependence on gravity for drainage of wastewater and water the rain.