The National Museum of Iran is located in the capital, Tehran. It is an ancient historical institution made up of two complexes, the Old Museum of Iran, which opened in 1937, and the other complex is the Museum of the Post-Islamic Period that opened in 1972. This museum is considered one of its annexes. One of the most prominent tourist places in Iran, Tehran
The museum is full of ancient Iranian historical monuments from the Middle Ages and earlier, divided into several sections and eras, the most important of the Stone Age, and the Center for Pottery Studies
Activities at the National Museum of Iran, Tehran
• Touring the museum, learning about its exhibits, whether in the old era or the era of Islam, and getting acquainted with the history of Iran and its culture and their traditional heritage of Persian culture
• Enjoy watching art paintings, and the rare artifacts inside it of pottery and beautiful old Persian sculptures, and there is a section for manuscripts and another carpets you will feel as if you were walking in ancient Iran in the ages of prosperity
• The museum also hosts a large number of temporary exhibitions annually, you can visit one of them to be able to see a large number of contemporary collections and valuable artworks from paintings, ceramics and stunning pieces of carpets with their attractive inscriptions
• The museum is surrounded by a vast lush garden, which enables you to enjoy a wonderful time of relaxation and calmness in it. It also includes wide paths to facilitate passage and walking
• Taking commemorative photos when you visit the National Museum of Iran is very important, you will not stop taking pictures of collectibles or the museum in general and you and your friends as a beautiful picture that you keep
• The museum is surrounded by many open kiosks throughout the hour, including what is specialized in eating popular fare, delicious local sweets and ready-to-eat foods.
work hours :
All days of the week from 9 AM to 6.45 PM
Admission is free for all individuals
Hotels near the National Museum of Iran
Ferdowsi International Grand Hotel is one of the best 4-star hotels in Tehran, 0.5 km from the National Museum.
Ibis Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport is one of the distinguished hotels of Iran, a long distance from the museum about 39 km ..
Iran National Museum site