Information on the Maldives
The Maldives is located in the continent of Asia, where it consists of small islands separating India and Sri Lanka, with an area of about 71,740 square kilometers, and its inhabitants speak the language of Dhivehi, and the official religion in it is Islam, where the text of the constitution states that no person in it who does not convert to Islam is to be a Maldivian citizen And it is a country with a republican system of government headed by Abdullah Yamin, whose capital is financial, and the currency used is the Maldivian Rufiya, which was called the Maldives Island at the time when the Arabs used to live in Mahlib.
The Maldives is a tropical climate with temperatures ranging between 24 and 33 degrees Celsius and relatively high humidity. The Maldives are made up of 1190 atolls that consist of dirt barriers and coral cracks coming from the depths of the Indian Ocean.
The capital, Male, is the largest city in the Maldives and its main port, as it is attractive and unique and is characterized by cleanliness, order and the large number of mosques and markets. Mainly dependent on tourism, it has the second highest total per capita production in Asia, after the Arab Gulf countries.Read:Search for roads and transportation
The people of the Maldives are characterized by a diversity of races in it. There are those from India or Sri Lanka, and this is due to the fact that the Maldives is an ancient commercial gathering.
The island of Maldives became known as a tourist destination in the early nineties, and it now attracts many tourists to the beauty of its natural landscapes, resorts and beaches. It has become a destination for honeymooners and surf enthusiasts, and we also do not forget about the atolls that formed around prehistoric volcanoes that are so beautiful and captivating. Here are the most important fencing places:
- Hjangenamidho Thila: It is a place for diving and is famous for the abundance of marine creatures in it.
- Helingly Island Resort: which is one of the most wonderful resorts, famous for its white beaches, and it is organized trips to introduce the local people and see dolphins.
- Financial markets: Contains a fish market that is considered one of the most visited places.
- Adaaran Ranhalhi Club: guests head to water sports and enjoy the evenings.
- The public square or the Republic Square: There are many recreational gatherings.
- The National Museum: It contains historical exhibits that show the country’s heritage and cultures.
- Eisdhoo: It is an island inhabited by local people and is characterized by its many effects.
- I see atoll
- Thalhadhu Island
- South Atolls region
- Male Industrial Beach
- Vashigaro Thila website
- Lahaviani Atoll