The smallest continent in the world and the sixth largest country in the world after Russia, Canada, China, the United States and Brazil, were discovered by the Dutch explorer who named it New Holland, Canberra, the capital of Australia and not Sydney as many think, and English is the main language in the country and the currency is Australian dollar.
The most famous and important landmarks in Australia
Among the most famous landmarks in Australia are:
- Opera HouseThe opera house is located on Jackson Harbor in Sydney, Australia, where it features a beautiful white string of sails and a strange ceiling that attracts attention. It was held as a musical facility for the symphony orchestra and for the rest of different types of music. The small, in addition to the three theaters, was by the Danish architect Jorn Otsun.
- Uluru: Uluru or Ayers Rock, a natural landscape found in southwestern Northern Territory, in central Australia. It was discovered in 1872 by explorer Ernst Giles, with a length of 2.4 km and a width of 1.6 km, and is the second largest rock in the world.
- Harbor Bridge: Harper Bridge or Sydney Harbor Bridge, which connects the northern suburbs of Sydney with the city center, was completed in 1932. Cars and bicycles pass through it in its own lane. This bridge is the largest in the world but not the longest.
- Kakadu National Park: Kakadu National Park located in the Northern Territory of Australia, which includes a wild park with local plants and some animal species such as mammals, birds, reptiles and fish. In addition to that it contains the oldest rocks in the history of the surrounding area, and in the same context it contains some natural features such as Arnhem Land Plateau, some hills, basins, sedimentary plains, volcanic rocks and floodplains.
- Kangaroo Island (Kangaroo Collection)It is one of the islands belonging to Australia, and the third largest island there, it is a simple region that contains some types of animals such as dolphins, sea lions, penguins, seals and whales.
The most famous food and dishes in Australian cuisine
- Lamington : The National Cake of Australia is a square sponge cake with a layer of chocolate and dried coconut, and some put some layer of cream or jam in the center, served with tea or coffee.
- Macadamia nuts One of the famous types of nuts that comes from Australia, toasted and served with many dishes such as lamb A, some types of baked goods, especially cakes, grilled sausage, this dish is usually served with tomato sauce, bread, french fries and fried onions. This dish is made from beef or pork flavored all with herbs and spices.