Geneva, the old city
The old city of Geneva is the largest historical site in Switzerland, where there is the St. Peter’s Basilica, and the center of reform, and tourists can explore the narrow streets of the region, with shaded terraces, which are all home to many treasures from the history of ancient Geneva, and the center of reform is a monument It is a memorial, and every corner of its streets is pebbled, and it is also full of Swiss shops and cafes.
There are many famous museums in Geneva, and people interested in culture and history can visit them, and these are:
- Art and History Museum: It is a museum designed in the early twentieth century as an encyclopedic museum, and it works to cover the entire Western culture, including the origins of Western culture, and even now.
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent MuseumGeneva is the headquarters of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent.
- The Rath MuseumIt is the first Swiss museum devoted to fine art.
- Natural History MuseumIt is the largest museum of natural history of Switzerland.
- Mamco Museum: It is the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, which displays modern installations, videos, paintings, photographs and statues.
- Ariana MuseumIt is the only museum in Switzerland specially designed for decoration, such as: ceramics and glass.
Lake Geneva (Lac Léman) is a pivotal center of Geneva, surrounded by beautiful views of the mountains. It also includes parks for walking or cycling around the lake. There are also boat trips available throughout the year, which provide a unique view of the city buildings, on the shores of the lake, and is available In the summer also many water sports.
The Jet d’Eau fountain is the tallest fountain in the world, with a height of about 140 meters. It is also considered a magnet for many people and tourists. It was originally installed as a safety valve for the local hydraulic water network, but it became a popular tourist area.