A comprehensive guide on the most important places that you must visit in Delhi to enjoy a wonderful tour, and learn more about the history of India, in addition to the activities that you can do in Delhi, and the best shopping places for Arab travelers.
Table of Contents
- Tourism experiences and visiting Delhi India:
- Tourism in India for families:
- Henna drawing in India:
- The most beautiful shopping places in Delhi:
Tourism experiences and visiting Delhi India:
Delhi is one of the most attractive places for tourists in India, especially New Delhi, which is known for its special charm that makes everyone who visits it want to repeat this experience many times.
You will find great cultural diversity when you visit Delhi, where Asian culture meets Eastern Muslim cultures and mixes with the culture of local Indians, and you will feel the presence of Western touches due to the British occuAl Bahahn, which happened for India for a long time. You will feel that the city is vibrant all the time and it is divided into two parts, the old part in which you can live the traditional Indian life, and the modern part if you want to visit places of modernity and modernity.
Tourism in India for families:
The following are the most important tourist places that you must pass during your visit to Delhi in India, which are suitable for families and roaming tourism with friends:
Old city of Delhi for an unforgettable atmosphere:
- It is located just 6 km from New Delhi, and it has its own atmosphere thanks to the old buildings that were built in the old Mughal style, and it also contains many antique monuments such as the ancient castle and Abad Castle.
- Do not miss the visit of the Sogdrajhan shrine, nor pray at the famous Jami Mosque, nor pass by the Lakshmi Narayan Temple, where you will see things that you will never find other parts of the world.
- It is one of the best places to eat Indian food known for its many spices, such as eating rice with saffron or jamun julab or eating chol bator and many foods that are specially prepared in the old city.
Red Fort Palace:
- It is one of the most important tourist places that you should visit in Delhi, as it has enjoyed great fame on the world level since the palace of the Mughal Emperor Gah Jahan.
- The palace was built of sandstone, in the time period between the year 1638 and 1648 AD, and today it belongs on the global list of the UNESCO Preservation of Monuments.
- The best time to visit the Red Fort is in the evening where the weather is very poetic, with the lights and the general atmosphere going to feel like you moved to another era.
Visit the Daily Hat Village:
- One of the largest shopping complexes, which includes, in addition to malls and huge stores, popular markets, cafes and restaurants.
- You cannot visit India or the city of Delhi without visiting the village of Daily Hat, and whatever you want to buy from international fashion or food with excellent service or antique paintings or even valuable items such as jewelry to handicrafts you will definitely find them, just think about what you want to buy before Go to the village because you will definitely love all the exhibits.
- Don’t miss lunch at the Daily Hat open-air restaurants, which will enable you to see the popular area of the market, and see the normal life of the locals.
The Combined Mosque:
- The Jama Masjid is one of the most important places that you should visit in Delhi and it is also called Jahan Nama Mosque, and it is the largest mosque in old Delhi that includes a place for more than 24 thousand worshipers.
- The mosque is being built by the Mughal Emperor Jahan in the year 1658 AD to be in the middle of the old city.
- As for the design of the mosque, it is very impressive, as you will find the spacious courtyard in addition to the places for ablution in the form of pools, and the mosque is illuminated by two beacons and contains 3 domes designed by professional engineers in the Islamic Mughal style.
Visit the “Qutb Manar” lighthouse:
- It is one of the most famous beacons in India at all, and it comes in second place for height in the world immediately after the Giralda Lighthouse, which is located in Seville in the State of Spain.
- Manar Qutb is very famous in the world, as it is one of the oldest tourist attractions in India, and it is located among the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Qutb al-Manar was created by Qutb al-Din Aybak, who was the first ruler of the Turkish Mamluks, and the founders of Delhi, and one of the first to spread Islam in Delhi.
- The construction process was completed in the year 1193AD as the lighthouse reaches 73 meters in length, and it is provided with a staircase from the inside in a spiral shape and built with sandy brick.
- It is well-known for its Islamic motifs, its mastery and magnificence in drawing Qur’anic verses in authentic Arabic letters. The lighthouse is part of the perpetuation of Arab and Islamic culture in Delhi, while some considered it a minaret of the mosque directly located next to it.
The Power of Islam Mosque:
- Adjacent to the minaret of Qutb Manar, it is one of the finest mosques in Delhi, where it is the first mosque ever built in the state of India to call for an Islamic religion, and you can also pass the tomb of Sultan Elmsh, who ruled the Sultanate of Delhi after the death of AIPK.
- While touring the area around the shrine, you will find an iron column that is more than seven meters long and dates back more than 1,600 years. It was created by Hindu priests, and has managed to withstand today climate and environmental changes without budging from its place.
Henna drawing in India:
- In order to feel fully engaged in the Indian experience, you must go through the salons of Indian henna paintings that are very accurate and have many details.
- Even if you do not intend to draw henna, it is sufficient for you to see this scene that we see a lot in Indian movies on TV screens differently on the ground, where you will see Indian artists who are doing creative work related to drawing henna on hands and legs and various places of the body in a very accurate and professional manner, and you may Finally, she feels a desire to have a simple pattern of the magnificence of their graphics.
- One of the best places to do this is the well-known henna salon located next to Hanuman Temple. There is also a henna salon in Nagas Homework Market.
The most beautiful shopping places in Delhi:
The most beautiful places to shop in Delhi include:
Chandi Chowk Market:
It is one of the old markets in Delhi, the capital of India, and it is located next to the antique train station in Delhi and contains a lot of shops and small stalls, where you will find a lot of various things among them displayed in the market between fish, poultry, jewelry stores and gemstones, and places to buy Roses, car accessories and brass items, as well as copperware, will find an entire segment that specializes in Indian spices and is a favorite of tourists in Delhi.
It is one of the best markets in the city, and it is very huge, where you will find a large number of shops that offer everything you want to buy from international fashion, sports shoes, leather shoes, in addition to premium bags, accessories, women’s cosmetics, jewelry and unique and unique gemstones. Very, you will just feel that everything is under one roof.
Nagar central duty market
It is one of the most famous markets in the city, specifically in the southern part of Delhi, where you will find a large number of shops in addition to kiosks, where local sellers offer goods on both sides of the street, and among the goods on display are shoes, fabrics, fashion and even expensive jewelry and cooking utensils, and you will find Many international fashion at very low prices when compared to anywhere else in the world.
In the ancient city, there are many popular markets that sell local products known to India, on top of which are handcrafted works, Indian spices, and distinctive Indian clothing.