Table of Contents
Tourism in Antalya
Antalya, located in Turkey, is considered one of the most tourist destinations in the world, it is the fourth most visited city in the world and is called the Earth’s Paradise, because it is distinguished by its history, its picturesque nature, and its lifestyles, as it is called the Pearl City in the Mediterranean and the Turkish Riviera.
The most famous tourist places in Antalya
There are many places to visit in Antalya, among which are the following:
- Antalya Museum: displays the most important discoveries resulting from the drilling process along the Turkish coast, which helps to understand the history of Turkey, especially from the Bronze Age to Byzantium.
- Aspendos: Aspendos, this archaeological site is a place for a Romen theater that existed during the second and third centuries and is believed to be the best preserved place in the world, and one of the best tourist attractions in Turkey, has been completely restored.
- Perge: Perge was the capital of ancient Pamphylia that flourished during Greek and Romen rule, and today it appears as a courtyard full of semi-ruined temples and agora full of ancient columns.
- Duden Falls: The rural limestone area surrounding the city of Antalya is characterized by the presence of springs and waterfalls, where it formed from the accumulation of limestone sediments over a million and a half to two million years.
- Vasilis: Alexander the Great lived in the winter of 334 BC, where there are staircase remains, water channels, temples, a pillar street, and Hadrian’s concrete gate.
- Cogain’s Cave: Discoveries have shown that this cave was inhabited in prehistoric times, with a huge Romen basin and colonial monuments at the entrance.
- Karen Cave.
- Olympus and Girali.
Tourist activities in Antalya
Antalya allows its visitors to play golf on its equipped courses, and visit historical sites such as the ancient city of Kaleici and the Temple of Apollo, where there are old Ottoman houses, a Romen harbor, in addition to the ancient Hadrian Gate.