Bandung Zoo is one of the attractions of Indonesia in Bandung, as it attracts families from all over the world, to see the biodiversity in the park and to enjoy more than one thing at the same time as it includes animals, birds, plants, parks, mosques, theater and many others, which satisfies all tastes and pleases all ages.
Opening and space
Bandung Zoo was established on April 12, 1933 AD on an area of 14 hectares in the city of Bandung in West Java, Indonesia, and the park was at that time called Giaplam Park, where two of the city’s zoos have been merged and they are: Simandi Zoo and Dago Zoo Atas, and its current location on Taman Sari Street in Bandung.
With the passage of time, the zoo has become one of the most successful zoos to attract visitors due to the strenuous efforts in preserving animals, plants and birds and creating appropriate conditions to preserve their lives. The zoo has also succeeded in overcoming the neglect of the zoo, especially during the period of its occuAl Bahahn of Japan, so the administration has returned The development of the garden and the renewal of its facilities again, which attracts visitors to it, in addition to its relative licenses.
Tourism in Bandung Zoo
The park plays two distinct roles, the first role, which is the tourist role, where tourists from all walks of life visit to see rare animals and plants, while the second round is a cultural role where the park hosts a group of recreational shows in addition to the educational circles that consist of it in order to increase the visitor’s awareness of the importance of animal property And vegetarianism.
The park includes 1,600 animal species, 79 of them are threatened with extinction, and the park includes a range of facilities such as:
Artificial lake: It is located in the middle of the garden and there are some restaurants that offer light dishes and drinks.
Mummification Museum: which includes a group of stuffed animals.
Theater or showroom: where entertainment shows and educational seminars are held.
– Aquarium: they have many colorful ornamental fish that captivate the eyes in their bright colors.
Mosque and stadium
Activities that can be done inside the park
– Different types of animals, birds, and reptiles can be identified rare. Each cage includes a plaque with written data on the animal, such as its original habitat and the type of food that it feeds on.
– Relax after a big tour under the huge 100-year-old trees, as well as enjoy the sounds of birds that may make you feel inside a tropical forest.
– You can wander around the artificial lake through one of the small boats and enjoy the fresh air, water and animals around you.
– There is a special section for children equipped with games and amusements, and some interesting shows that suit their ages are held in the theater.
– Visit the stuffed animal gallery and take photos with the stuffed animals.
Hours of Operation: 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Entry prices: Ticket ranges from: 10,000 to 25,000 rupees