The European city of Prague is located in the Czech Republic, and it represents the national and administrative capital in it since the period after the First World War, in addition to that it represents the largest city in the Republic, and its commercial, cultural, economic, and political center; it includes Parliament, and a palace Prague Presidential, and many cultural centers, and others.
Prague city location
Prague is located in the Czech Republic, specifically in the north-central part of the country, in the central region of Bohemia, and in the region penetrated by the Vltava River, and it sits on a land of up to 300 meters (1000 feet) above sea level, either from an astronomical point of view. Prague city is located on longitude (14.42), and latitude (50.09).
Prague city residents
The urban area of Prague has a population of 1,298,804 people, according to the statistics of the two thousand and nineteen, and accordingly it ranks first in the list of the largest cities in the Republic in terms of population, and by looking at the total area of the city, which is about 115 square miles (298 km2) The population density reaches 4,600 people per km² (12,000 people per square mile), and statistical estimates indicate that the number will rise to 1,352,374 people by the year two thousand and thirty-five.
The most important landmarks of Prague City
Prague is full of landmarks and great places. Below is a list of the most important of them:
- St. Vitus Cathedral: It is an archaeological and historical church whose construction spanned almost 600 years. It is distinguished by its impressive architecture and its precious contents, such as: the recent resurrection mosaic, and the tombs of important religious figures.
- Charles Bridge: It is an ancient stone bridge for pedestrians, and it stretches for 500 meters, and is very popular with city visitors and tourists.
- Prague Castle: It is a historical and archaeological castle located to the left of the Vltava River, and is characterized by its magnificent architecture and its huge area.
- Town hall: It is a hall, and a huge building is considered one of the most beautiful landmarks of the city. Modern architecture, accurate sculptures and amazing decorations appear.
- Strahov Library: It is a huge monastic historical library built in the Baroque style during the two centuries: the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.